Wednesday, May 13, 2009

I awake each day with a new sunrise


I felt a strong urge to express my unconditional love for Brett Dennen in hopes that his music will also bring you the deep joy and reflection of existence, devotion, and self discovery. If I could only transform my feelings into words half as brilliantly as he. You won't check him out on playlist.com, you won't... ;)


A collection of my favorite Dennen lyrics:

"and there's enough wealth for everyone but some have the most and most have some and there's enough food for us all to flourish tell me why are so many malnourished you say this weakness in an empty pocket, no and I'll tell you this weakness in an empty heart and you say there's strength in the power to control and I'll tell you no, there's strength in only love and compassion"

"desert moonrise, into the night
before we lay our heads
I wish to walk under the splendorous starlight
sing so sweetly, it’s the sweetest sound
and I’ve become weak in the knees
and I drop down and kiss the ground
and all my cares lie far below
in this earth I wish to die
in this hearth my fire grows"


"i knew my reality was clearly defined
by the fences put up around my mind
i watched them thicken into walls over time
taller than any boarder line
i saw civilizations deemed insignificant
i saw people's history tatooed on their skin
i saw families taken from their land
dynasties shattered and stolen

and i asked when... is a revolution
i asked when... is a revolution"

"life is so precious it's as fragile as a dream
and in a moment we all grow our wings"

"See, when you forgive your imperfections
And you’ve auctioned all your clothes
And look to see your true reflection
You will be the one who loves you the most"

"I don't feel comfortable with the way my clothes fit.
I cant get used to my bodys limits.
I got some fancy shoes to try and kick away these blues.
They cost a lot of money but they arent worth a thing.
I wanna free my feet from the broken glass and concrete.
I need to get out of this city.
Lay apon the ground stare a hole in the sky,
wondering where I go when I die."

"The wind blows wild and i may move
But politicians lie and I am not fooled
You don't need no reason or a three piece suit, to argue the truth
The air on my skin and the world under my toes
Slavery is stitched into the fabric of my clothes
Chaos and commotion wherever I go
Love, I try to follow

Love will come set me free"



No comments:

Post a Comment